Licensing Digital Content is packed with tips and practical advice on negotiating and interpreting license agreements. Here are some quick tips (further elaborated in the book) when negotiating licenses:
1. Avoid oral licenses.
2. Before reading any license agreement offered to you, write down on a blank piece of paper the "must-haves" for this license arrangement.
3. Understand your obligations.
4. Cover all issues.
5. Avoid legal language.
6. Use consistent words and terms.
7. Each license agreement is unique.
8. Be creative, patient, and flexible.
9. Know when to walk away.